Every day except Monday
Welcome to Maihaugen!
EXHIBITIONS IN THE VISITOR CENTER
• Impulses – more than 1000 of the most important objects from the museum collection.
• We Won the Land Norwegian history from the Ice Age until today.
• How Many Tons? The melting of the glaciers.
• Save the cow! An exhibition about endangered farm animals. Until 28 January.
• Traditional Norwegian baskets. 15 December to 25 February.
• Keep it quiet! Family secrets in the aftermath of WWII. From 20 February.
ACTIVITIES FOR CHILDREN
Mission Impulses. Rebus in the exhibition Impulses.
The shop offers a varied selection of good quality design products.
Cafeteria in the visitor center.
FACTS ABOUT HOUSES AND FARMS
Several houses have signs with QR-codes. Use your mobile phone to scan the codes for more information about the houses and farms. Some in Norwegian only.
CHRISTMAS AT MAIHAUGEN
Program at maihaugen.no
DOGS AT THE MUSEUM
Dogs are welcome in the open-air museum, but not inside houses or exhibitions. Please keep your dog on a leash and show consideration for our grazing animals.