Garmo stave church
Every day in the museum's opening hours
Garmo stave church towers over the hill above the entrance to the open-air museum. It is the museum's most eye-catching building with its pointed tower and with dragon heads on the ridges jutting toward the horizon.
The church was built early in the 13th century but has been expanded several times, most recently in 1730. Then it got its current characteristic cross shape. The church originally stood in Garmo in Lom. It was demolished in 1880, but the materials were collected and the church was reconstructed at Maihaugen in 1921.