The house from 1915
The 1915 house in The Residential Area houses beautiful furniture and crafts, in addition to the Lillehammer painter Alf Lundeby's studio.
The stately Lillehammer villa towers over the hill above The Town in the open-air museum. Here, in The Residential Area, Maihaugen shows a detached house from each decade of the 20th century.
The house was built in 1915 by Hans J. Aas and represents the period 1910 – 1920. Aas was employed in the renowned business Th. Lunde as sales representative for 50 years, and this strong connection characterizes the interior design in Aasvillaen. Th. Lunde carried a wide range of textiles and furnishings, and is known for its quality furniture that characterizes this home. Here, the museum also tells about the craftsmanship in Lillehammer early in the interwar years.
The Lunde furniture was designed by renowned artists and architects who were, among other things, inspired by the collections at Maihaugen. The production took place in collaboration with local craftsmen. The collaboration around Lundemøblene was strongly inspired by the Arts & Crafts movement in England in the late 1800s. This was a reaction against the industry's mass production of goods of poor quality and the movement wanted to promote craft quality. On the second floor of the villa is the studio of the Lillehammer painter Alf Lundeby (1870–1961). The studio is complete as it was in Lundeby's house in Nordsetervegen when he died in 1961.
- The house was built in 1915.
- It was originally located just south of Lillehammer high school in Anders Sandvigs gate in Lillehammer.