The museum is open Tuesday–Sunday 10.00–16.00.
- 12.00: A walk through 100 years. Guided tour, including a visit to Queen Sonja's childhood home. 75 min. Meet at the Visitor Center.
Open historical houses
- Several historical houses have open doors so you can have a peak through the door. Some also have audio guides.
Activities for children
- The Message – rebus for children in the open-air museum.
- Playground in the Residential area (the historical play houses are open 1 June – 15 October).
- Balance trail for children in the woods.
- Some animals are still outdoor grazing in the open-air museum.
Exhibitions in the open-air museum
- Workshops in the Town. Hatter, hairdresser, tailor, photo studioand book bindery.
- The atelier of the painter Alf Lundeby. 1915-house.
- Bjørnstad – Sandvigs bravest idea. Bjørnstad.
- Fishing exhibition. Knuvel huts/Breisjøen.
- Post on rail. The train in the Town.
- Forest trail. The woods as a resource and workplace.
Exhibitions in the visitor center
- New! Letters from the front – Dear Mother.
- We won the land.
- Folk Art from Gudbrandsdalen
- Anders Sandvig's dental office.
Shops and crafts retail
- Maihaugen shop – in the visitor center.
- Ceramist Idun Sira. The Åset house. Production and sale of ceramics. Open some days.
Welcome to autumn days at Maihaugen!