The museum is open 10.00 – 17.00.
Open historic houses
- Meet guides and actors in historic houses.
- Historic houses with audio guides.
- Historic workshops in the Town.
Plays and tours
- 12.00 Flora, fauna and flatbread. Walking play. All ages. Starting at the old School. 45 min.
- Walk round about, Peer! Guided tour about Ibsen, Munch and Grieg’s relation to Gudbrandsdalen. 45 min. Adults. Meet at the Parsonage. 2–11 August, every day 13.15.
Activities for children
- The Message – rebus for children in the open-air museum.
- Bait fishing with bamboo rod and earth worms in the lake Breisjøen.
- Balance trail in the woods.
- Playground and playhouses in the Residential area.
- Writing and drawing for children in the attic of the Norwegian Postal Museum.
- Grazing animals in the open-air museum.
Exhibitions in the open-air museum
- Bjørnstad – Anders Sandvig's bravest idea. Bjørnstad.
- The atelier of the painter Alf Lundeby. 1915-house.
- Fishing exhibition. Knuvel huts/Breisjøen.
- Forest trail – the forest as workplace and resource.
Exhibitions in the visitor center
- New! Letters from the front – Dear Mother.
- We won the land.
- Folk Art from Gudbrandsdalen
- Anders Sandvig's dental office.
Shops and crafts retail
- Maihaugen shop – in the visitor center.
- Avlangrud – historical grocery store. Open until 15 August.
- Weaving workshop by Ellen Strangstad. The Prison. Production and sale of handicrafts. 1–31 July, Monday–Friday.
- Ceramist Idun Sira. The Pottery or the Åset house. Production and sale of ceramics. Open some days.
- Treasures on wheels. Demonstration of historical postal vehicles. Town square. Thursday – Sunday in week 27, 28, 29 and 31.
Welcome to explore Norwegian culture, history and traditions!