The museum is open 10.00 – 17.00.
Open historic houses
- Meet guides and actors in historic houses.
- Historic houses with audio guides.
- Historic workshops in the Town.
- 11.00: A walk through 100 years. Guided tour, including a visit to Queen Sonja's childhood home. 75 min. Meet at the Visitor Center.
Activities for children
- The Message – rebus for children in the open-air museum.
- Bait fishing with bamboo rod and earth worms in the lake Breisjøen.
- Balance trail in the woods.
- Playground and playhouses in the Residential area.
- Writing and drawing for children in the attic of the Norwegian Postal Museum.
- Grazing animals in the open-air museum.
Exhibitions in the open-air museum
- Bjørnstad – Anders Sandvig's bravest idea. Bjørnstad.
- The atelier of the painter Alf Lundeby. 1915-house.
- Fishing exhibition. Knuvel huts/Breisjøen.
- Forest trail – the forest as workplace and resource.
Exhibitions in the visitor center
- New! Letters from the front – Dear Mother.
- We won the land.
- Folk Art from Gudbrandsdalen
- Anders Sandvig's dental office.
Shops and crafts retail
- Maihaugen shop – in the visitor center.
- Avlangrud – historical grocery store. Open until 15 August.
- Ceramist Idun Sira. The Åset house. Production and sale of ceramics. Open some days.
Welcome to explore Norwegian culture, history and traditions!