A walk around the open-air museum is, indeed, a travel back in time.
Houses with actors and guides
- Queen Sonja's childhood home. Visit the 1930s house where Norway's queen grew up.
- Olsengården. Townlife at an artisan family around 1938.
- The Norwegian Postal Museum. Several exhibitions and all summer you will meet a real post master here.
- The 1980s house. Meet the teenager at home and get right back to the 80s.
- The School. Experience school around 1866.
- Garmo stave church. One of Norway's best preserved stave churches.
- The farm Øygarden. Meet the farmer's wife around the year 1890.
- The farm Bjørnstad. The museum's most complete farm yard from the 18th century.
- The mountain farms. Meet the milk maid in work at Øygardssetra.
There are also many other open historical houses where you can have a peek through the door.
More activities in the Daily programme-calendar.