All December you may have a peek through the door to Christmas decorated homes in the open air-museum.
- The open hearth house from Tolstad. Christmas in the Middle Ages.
- The parsonage. Christmas in the 1780s.
- Jørstad. Manor Christmas in the 1860s.
- The pharmacist's appartment. Christmas at the pharmacist's family in 1900.
- Hage. Christmas in the town in 1920.
- The 1920s house. Christmas in the 1920s.
- The 1950s house. Christmas preparations in the 1950s.
Sundays in advent there are people at home in some of the homes.
Also look through the windows at the cabin Vy, that is decorated for Christmas in a modern way anno 2019. The ornaments on the Christmas tree are created by various designers and artists for Maihaugen's Christmas tree previous years. You can see this year's version of Maihaugen's Christmas tree in the visitor center.