The museum is open 10.00 – 17.00.
Tours and plays
- 11.00 Into Norwegian homes. Guided tour. Adults. 45 minutes.
- 15.00 Knock knock – who's there. Walking play. All ages. 30 minutes.
Welcome into the historic environments
Many of the historic houses are open, and you can meet actors and guides who tell stories.
Visit our historical shop Avlangrud, where you can get buy both local and exotic food to bring home.
Explore on your own
- Maihaugen in 60 minutes. Get the highlights of the museum in this tour on your own.
- The Message – rebus for children in the open-air museum.
- Bait fishing with bamboo rod and earth worms in the lake Breisjøen. For children.
- New! Play house in the Residential area.
- Writing and drawing for children in the attic of the Norwegian Postal Museum.
- Grazing animals in the open-air museum.
Exhibitions in the open-air museum
- New! Myklebu. Cabin from 1965.
- The atelier of the painter Alf Lundeby. 1915-house.
- Photo studio and book bindery in the Town.
- Fishing exhibition. Knuvel huts/Breisjøen.
- Soldiers’ uniforms. The military depot.
- Bjørnstad – Sandvigs bravest idea. Bjørnstad.
Exhibitions in the visitor center
- New! Birkebeinerrennet – from medieval saga to test of strength.
- New! Norwegian Art on Postage Stamps.
- We won the land.
- Folk Art from Gudbrandsdalen
- Anders Sandvig's dental office.
- Ceramist Idun Sira. The Pottery. Production and sale of ceramics. Open with exception of some days.
- Vevstua – weaving workshop by Ellen Strangstad. The Prison. Production and sale of handicrafts. 1–31 July, Monday–Friday.
- Treasures on wheels. Demonstration of historical postal vehicles. Town square. 13–16 and 20–27 July.
- Walk round about, Peer! Guided tour in English about Ibsen, Munch and Grieg’s relation to Gudbrandsdalen. 45 min. Adults. Meet at the Parsonage. 4–13 August, every day 13.15.
Welcome to summer joy at Maihaugen!