The museum is open Tuesday–Sunday 11.00–16.00.
- 12.00: A walk through 100 years. Guided tour. 75 min. Meet at the Visitor Center.
Explore on your own
- Several historical houses have open doors so you can have a peak through the door. Some also have audio guides.
- The Message – rebus for children in the open-air museum.
- Some animals are still outdoor grazing in the open-air museum.
- New! Play house in the Residential area.
Exhibitions in the open-air museum
- New! Workshops. Hatter, hairdresser, tailor. Open 24 September.
- New! Myklebu. Cabin from 1965. Opens 8 October.
- The atelier of the painter Alf Lundeby. 1915-house.
- Photo studio and book bindery in the Town.
- Fishing exhibition. Knuvel huts/Breisjøen.
- Soldiers’ uniforms. The military depot.
- Bjørnstad – Sandvigs bravest idea. Bjørnstad.
Exhibitions in the visitor center
- Birkebeinerrennet – from medieval saga to test of strength.
- We won the land.
- Folk Art from Gudbrandsdalen
- Anders Sandvig's dental office.
Welcome to autumn days at Maihaugen!