The museum is open 10.00 – 17.00.
Open historic houses
- Meet guides and actors in historic houses.
- Historic houses with audio guides.
- Historic workshops in the Town.
- 11.00: A walk through 100 years. Guided tour. 75 min. Meet at the Visitor Center.
Activities for children
- The Message – rebus for children in the open-air museum.
- Bait fishing with bamboo rod and earth worms in the lake Breisjøen.
- Play houses in the Residential area.
- Writing and drawing for children in the attic of the Norwegian Postal Museum.
- Grazing animals in the open-air museum.
Exhibitions in the open-air museum
- Wake at Nystua, Bjørnstad.
- The atelier of the painter Alf Lundeby. 1915-house.
- Fishing exhibition. Knuvel huts/Breisjøen.
- Bjørnstad – Anders Sandvig's bravest idea. Bjørnstad.
Exhibitions in the visitor center
- New! Death.
- New! Masterpieces in miniature. Stamp exhibition.
- New! Photographer H.H. Lie – Gudbrandsdalen in development 1886–1918. Photo exhibition.
- We won the land.
- Folk Art from Gudbrandsdalen
- Anders Sandvig's dental office.
Shops and crafts retail
- Forest trail – the forest as workplace and resource.
Welcome to explore Norwegian culture, history and traditions!